Thursday 11 September 2014

A spicy start to September



When I first began blogging back in January I started writing about cookery.

 I had recently bought a pressure cooker and I decided to record my recipes. This all became a bit tedious as I had to keep washing my hands to take photographs of what I had cooked and spoiled the enjoyment of one of my creative hobbies. 

I could not have imagined that my blog about Dorchester could have turned out to be so diverse and so rewarding to write. 
It is really great when people tell me that they enjoy reading it. I thank you all for supporting me. I have learnt so much about Dorchester's history.

I did not write a post at the weekend as I was visiting the County Show which is held in Dorchester at the beginning of September. 

I had a great time but was too weary to write anything! 
Here are a few pictures though! 





This week I have been enjoying getting back into a bit of cookery! I have been experimenting with Indian cooking.  This may have been inspired by the lovely 'Crab Bhaji' cooked by Dorset Shellfish,  that I had for my lunch at the show! 


There is a wonderful shop in Princes Street, that has been trading for many years called 'Down to Earth'. Here you can buy most of the spices you need for indian cookery in small amounts. I also shop for spices at Helen's Famous Wholefood stall at the market on a Wednesday.


Princes Street is a little bit forgotten sometimes for shopping,  but at the other end is a lovely Jewellery shop called Jordan's Jewellers which is certainly worth a visit, especially when you are looking for a gift for someone special!







No comments:

Post a Comment