Monday 21 April 2014

After the rain has gone


When I was working as a Dorchester ambassador on Saturday, a gentleman asked me to give him directions to Minterne Gardens. 

I did not know where it was, but was able to help him by looking it up on Google maps.  As it was a sunny bank holiday Monday, I decided to go and find the gardens.

Minterne Magna is between Dorchester and Sherborne on the A352. 

I am glad I went, and discovered that the some of the property has been converted into apartments that can be rented. There are none currently available, but I would imagine it must be a very splendid place to live!

The gardens are very well maintained, and there are new projects on the go. The colours of the different azaleas and rhododendrons were quite varied, and seeing all these plants just opening in the warm sunshine was beautiful.

I am a fan of Treasure Trails, and have enjoyed solving clues to complete these all over Dorset.  There are 3 trails within the gardens. My link takes you to the springtime trail,  but there is also a summer and autumn one.






No comments:

Post a Comment