Wednesday 9 April 2014

A new ambassador



The sun is shining today in Dorchester, and it is warm. If only it had been like this on Saturday, when I started my new role as an ambassador.

I will be representing the Dorchester BID, which stands for Business Improvement District. My role is to welcome shoppers and visitors to the town, and to provide them with help and local information if required. 
Businesses that are involved in the scheme pay a levy, which provides funding for promoting the town in a number of different ways. 
I enjoyed meeting other ambassadors, and helping the public. It surprised me how even on a very wet Saturday how very busy the town was.
I hope when I work tomorrow the sun will shine. 

Yesterday my younger daughter had a visit to the hairdresser  to have a practice hair style for her school Prom. The school likes to call it 'The Spring Ball' as it is held before the students take their GCSE exams. The idea behind this is that they will be more focused on the exams when they begin in May.
The hair style looked fabulous, and she was delighted with the result. Today she is going to Classic Beauty in South Walks, to get some make up advice. 

During the evening I visited Salisbury Cathedral to hear the evensong service.  My elder daughter is singing this week with the Royal School of Church Music Millennium Youth Choir. The music was written by Kenneth Leighton a British composer, and was particularly lugubrious, perfect for the liturgical season of Lent. Tonight they are singing in Wells Cathedral.




No comments:

Post a Comment