Friday 27 November 2015

'Lead us not into temptation'


Quite honestly finding somewhere good to eat in Dorchester  is a piece of cake! I thought that I would start this post off with a little pun!

Yesterday I had lunch with my husband in the recently opened YC's Cafe and wine bar, which is located next to Dukes Fine Arts Salesrooms in Copper Street.


I chose the baked vegetable frittata, served with salad leaves and pesto drizzle. My food came served on board with a lovely freshly baked flowerpot roll and homemade chutney.


We found the atmosphere of the cafe, very agreeable. The cafe is a new venture for Yalbury Cottage Hotel and Restaurant which is located in Lower Bockhampton near the birth place of local author Thomas Hardy. 

I am not sure that this new eatery is going to be good for my waistline, the patisserie counter is divine! I shared the cake in picture at the top with Richard, my Husband. I did resist a dessert at lunch time, but as the cafe offers both eat in and out options we took one portion of gluten free tiramisu home with us, and then I could resist no longer!


I feel this sweet temptation so close to my home could be challenging, but I was pleased to see that neighbours of mine had also been tempted into lunch. The same neighbours were also at the live streaming event at the Odeon Cinema  in the evening.  William Shakespeare's 'The Winters Tale' was streamed live from the Garrick Theatre in London. We did have to keep our strength up after all,  the play was very long!


1 comment: