Wednesday 29 January 2014

Chilly day




I had a lunchtime appointment in High West Street today and was walking back home and noticed that the building opposite the end of South St and Trinity St has been sold. It is a very large building and looks perfect for re-development. I did notice some men measuring the pavement outside the other day and thought that it might be all to do with the new proposed Dorchester traffic re-routing scheme. 


It was so cold and chilly today but not raining thankfully so I called into Simon's Delicatessen for some hot soup! I have to say that Simon does make very good soup! Today it was tomato, red pepper & goats cheese! If you eat in he serves it with a big chunk of bread in a lovely deep bowl, but today I just took it as a takeaway. 


I bought a book in Waterstones as I saw the author interviewed on BBC Breakfast this morning.
It is the Costa book of the year  called 'The Shock of the Fall'  the author is Nathan Filer.
He is a qualified mental health nurse and the book covers schizophrenia loss and grief. 




No comments:

Post a Comment